Monday, November 1, 2010

What do people blog about?

I made this blog as a class assignment. We were supposed to update it every day, but I forgot about its existence. Today I found it again. I Thank Gmail for the reminder.
I was just wondering; what do people blog about? I mean, there are millions of online blogs. Some are popular, and some are not. Mine isn't, and maybe that is what is giving me the courage to write. No one will read it, so I can write anything I want. I have read blogs about countries, languages, food, clothes, jewellery,war, peace, love and hate. I have read blogs about blogs. My point is that whatever word I think off, there's a blog about it. There must be blogs about words too.

I want to be heard, I want someone to listen to what I have to say. I also want to be the next President of Pakistan. I want to get rid of all the politicians, and build everything again. Re-write the constitution, make new laws, update old laws, listen to the people. unfortunately, like and politics are not that simple. For one I don't have the background to be in politics. No one knows who I am. I don't have a lot of money... OH wait, I dont have ANY money. I dont own weapons, I dont have a fake degree. Crap, I cant be a politician.

Pakistan is considered a terrorist state. It's sad, we do terrorize people. I don't know who exactly does, could be the taliban, or our own government. Who knows? I dont. DO you? Who are these people who go to a place wearing a suicide jacket? Have you ever seen them before? Are they related to you? Who trained them? Why is it that when they plot to kill innocent civilians they succeed but when the plot is to kill Yousaf Raza Gillani they fail? Why does America want to destroy us? I am sick of hearing the same answer, " it's because of the geographic significance of the country."
Even if this is true, I am sick of hearing it. People need to come up with more entertaining reasons for America wanting to destroy us. Although, if they really really want to.. who can stop them? Were we able to stop the drone attacks? Hmmmm.... let me think. NO!

The people in Pakistan are lazy, they want to be paid for not working. The idea that a person worked for 48 hours straight is not something they boast about. They boast about the fact that they get paid for doing absolutely nothing in their offices. I would bite my own tongue before saying this to someone. Whatever happened to self actualization people? Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? It died with Muhammad Ali Jinnah I suppose..

People have become so materialistic, recently a friend had updated his status. He had asked his friends if they would pick their pet or their computer if they had to choose between the two. Everybody picked their computer. Is that the worth we attach to life? Pick an inanimate object in a fire, while your pet burns to death. It made me angry.

A lot of things make me angry. The fact that I study in a crap university makes me angry. It's considered one of the best university, although we are also known for our charsis (stoners). Its sad.

For the first time in my life I am concerned about my future in Pakistan. But then it could also be because I am growing up, and not because of the fact that the country is going to the dogs because I seem to be the only one who gives a rat's ass.

No comments: