Thursday, January 24, 2008

love is blind?

I have friends who are in love, or claim to be at least. Then I have friends who say that they never forgot their ‘first love.’(Then turn and make out with their new boyfriend) It makes one wonder how many times have they have fallen in love. Don’t you fall in love only once? Isn’t that the general idea? I mean since we are learning all this from the tube, that’s what happens in movies. (Ignore Lollywood flicks, the Punjabi heroine or hero don’t really mind. very flexible people)

Love is blind? Have you ever fallen in love with your cook? Or a chaprasi? How come love at first sight is usually with this hot hunk and not your driver, who looks at you repeatedly in the rearview mirror? (I don’t have a driver, so don’t get any ideas)
When one falls in love you look at so many things. What the guy is wearing, what he drives, his accent (fake ones are such a turn off), his mobile phone, his wrist watch and the list goes on. The only way love can be blind is if the girl and guy are quiet literally blind. (Although I’ve heard that blind people also feel the face for any zits)

Then we see Jesse McCartney (or whatever his name is) singing ‘you and your beautiful soul.’ Have you seen the girl in the video? Why couldn’t he have taken a simpler looking model? Why this perfect little angel, who has this pepsodent smile, no zits and is a size -2?? Anyone would fall in love with her, I know guys who wouldn’t have given a shit if she was the spawn of Satan!!!

The heart just pumps blood to the entire body, so people who say you use your heart while making decisions are probably telling you that you need to start using your brain! And that the decisions you make SUCK! Because the heart can’t possibly think for you! (daffer) and no the heart we draw looks nothing like the real heart because that is pretty ugly! And now I must end this. I am sure most of you, who are in love are feeling sorry for me. You probably think that I have been hurt in love. That the guy I loved and trusted broke my heart and that I’m bitter because of that. (Psssst… BULL SHIT) what you are probably mistaking for love is your hormones jumping off walls. Let them settle down and see how fast ‘love’ wears off.

And then they say love is blind?*snorts* its as blind as a hawk!

2 comments:

Moz Rauf said...

All that is contemporary and in vogue isn't always true!
Love with pre-conceived notions indeed is a hoax. You make a good point, but I personally believe that love can be true (all myths have some reality in them). The only condition is ‘growing together spiritually’. I know that is not contemporary but that is, of course, my point of view. :P

Moz Rauf said...

Thanks for your comment! :P